Interim Operating Agent for the IEA RETD Implementing Agreement
April 2006 - June 2006
In the first half of 2006, Ea Energy Analyses was the Interim Operating Agent for IEA’s Implementing Agreement on Renewable Energy Technology Deployment. The aim of the RETD implementing agreement is to:
- Improve cooperation between participating governments in identifying cross-cutting barriers to deployment and providing “best practice” solutions.
- Provide guidance to the private sector and policy makers on innovative business strategies and projects that encourage technology deployment by fostering public-private partnership projects.
- Facilitate ongoing international dialogue and public awareness of renewable energy deployment by contributing concrete examples of deployment solutions.
Ea Energy Analyses’ tasks as interim Operating Agent included:
- Preparing a report on barriers, challenges and opportunities for renewable energy
- Arranging an international stakeholder workshop
- Preparing a draft work programme and implementation plan
- Developing a website for the RETD Implementing Agreement
- Preparing a folder on the benefits of renewable energy for the CSD 14 (the 14th session of the UN Commission on Sustainable Development, May 2006).
A more detailed description of the RETD Implementing Agreement as well as the report “Barriers, Challenges and Opportunities for Renewable Energy” and the folder on the benefits of renewable energy – “Renewable Energy for Dummies” can be found at the website www.iea-retd.org.